Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bookcase makeover

 This bookcase was a great project!  We bought it second hand and thought it would look fantastic white.



Here is how it originally looked. Great condition and very sturdy and strong. I loved the curvature on the top of the bookcase and painting it white would only just high light its features.


 First came the primer.  It was not as easy as I thought to get inside the shelves to paint. I ended up with heaps of paint in my hair.



 It took 2 coats of primer. It was very thirsty!!



So after a few coats of white paint.  this is the result....



 Love the transformation.  Bookcases are my new thing to re-purpose. Bookcases are not just for books. Its a great way to reflect your personality and tastes and display a little piece of your heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment