Thursday, September 11, 2014

Plain Cane turned into stunning Grey chairs

I have always loved cane. We scored these on our furniture journeys..... And tempting as it was to just paint them white... ...  

 We chose an awesome dark grey.
 We simply spray painted them.  I didn't dare do it on my back patio (my hubby would not be impressed if I got spray paint everywhere). Although I have already left patches of paint all over the back patio from other various projects!!


So we put them over the back fence where we back onto a 'nature strip' (I know not very environmentally friendly of me) and spray painted them. 
WE DID PUT A LARGE DROP SHEET DOWN SO WE DIDN'T SPRAY THE GRASS!! 


Turned the back over to paint underneath.


Spray painting is so easy and so fast! We used 2 cans of spray paint to do these lovely chairs.
But they were done in 10 minutes! Alot faster than normal paint.
 AND.... .......NO PRIMING.


Love the end result!


We made some chevron turquoise cushion covers to match.  The material was from Lincraft.
Here is a bush setting photo! I was trying to make it look authentic, like in the outback or something (Ha!)


Have a great week! And be creative.. its good for the soul xx


Love  Michelle and Fiona





No comments:

Post a Comment