Wednesday, September 24, 2014

How to re-purpose cans into pencil holders


This is the easiest ever!  Turning old cans into pencil holders. Why didnt I think of this before?  All the cans I have thrown away and never even considered re-using them.
 But now I have found a cute way to re-purpose them.







Simply rinse out your can. Preferably use ones that already have white interior. But it doesn't really matter. After they are thoroughly dry, then paint them with any colour you like.  
I just used sample paint pots from Bunnings.  Two coats are plenty. Let it dry.




Then I used a tiny strip of wallpaper and glued it onto the side.  On the computer I wrote the word Pencils and printed it out, then glued it on top of the wallpaper.
To finish I sparayed the cans with a fixative matt spray (usually used to spray  on painting canvases etc) just so the font wouldn't smudge.


So cute! I love how they turned out!
Have  a great week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment